Saturday, August 24, 2013

Illustration Friday: Rescue

My submission for Illustration Friday's "Rescue" theme is a painted paper sculpture and it is completely created from a piece of Stonehenge paper. It is lovely to start with a simple sheet of paper and turn it into a full colour dimensional image. I also used one pin, glue and a piece of thread. Happy weekend everyone!

"All girls are! Even if they live in tiny old attics, even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart or young, they're still princesses - all of us!
~ Frances Hodgson Burnett

2013 Valerie Walsh

8 comments:

asperezas said...

:D
I love this :)
And I wish the princess a pleasant time at the beach :D

kj said...

I just love hearing your process.

And thinking of rescue: a few years back I visited a very dear friend while I was having a very hard time and she rescued me with her very wise words and comfort xo

I would know your work and your heart anywhere ...

Love
kj

Cindy D. said...

Terrific image and paper cutting! Though I admit, I thought maybe this time the princess was coming as the rescuer herself!

ANNA OVERMOYER said...

So cool! The subtle dimension is really awesome and coloration is fantastic! May I ask, what did you use for color?

valerie walsh said...

thank you mr. p the beach is delightful :}
kj biggest hug and i hope you are healing up quickly!
Cindy, thank you! the funny thing is I kind of worded this incorrectly because she rescues herself ;)
Anna: thank you so much and i use Liquitex acrylics for 30+ years :}

Ellen Byrne said...

PERFECT, Valerie!

Doodlestreet said...

where did you use the piece of thread? :) very beautiful colors, girl. xo

valerie walsh said...

Thank you Ellen :)

Thank you Pam and the thread is the reins. :D