Tuesday, December 06, 2005

JOY


This is my idea for JoY! I did this card and
yesterdays post with the same greeting card company,
Marisol Inc. Another one of those dream jobs where she saw my work in Colorado, tracked me down and asked if I wanted to join her company. They came to visit me in Topanga and brought me specs on their everyday line. This was a template and the words to be used in each card. So I got to create whatever I wanted as long as it went with the words! I would send the artwork to Colorado once a week and I would receive a cheque with my originals. It was the perfect blend. I loved working for Marisol and we made cards and stationary for quite a few years.

inside reads: From our home to your home with warmest holiday wishes


copyright 1993 Marisol Inc.

9 comments:

atomicvelvetsigh said...

the sight is so overwhelmingly happy... *sighs*

andrea said...

Nice, but I love the one you did for PEACE. Gorgeous. (And I love that you spell it "cheque", too :)

Dave James said...

Valerie:

Your work has a wonderful storybook feel to it. Have you illustrated any children's books?

Dave

P.S. Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog.

Dave James said...

Valerie:

Also, you have good taste in music.

Dave

Queen Tut said...

Excellent illo and its such a charming idea! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

your houses look good enough to eat!

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing these cards,Val...but especially all of the information you share with them.Gee,you get to do so many fun things!

Cream said...

Val, it's beautiful!
So light and happy!
Definitely peaceful!

valerie walsh said...

Thank You to everyone, you are all so kind to me. I have illustrated a couple of children's stories with a couple of writers who let's just say they thought they had a publishing deal,(that way they got me to work on spec) and it hasn't panned out yet. I do live in lala land.