Thursday, June 17, 2010

Illustration Friday: Ripple

I feel happy that many of the people that collect my dimensional paintings usually say "Do what you want to do". I love that but have learned that there can be that very small percentage of folks that can be "difficult to please" :) This has prompted me to always make a little colour study or maquette of the image so that they can have a chance to decide they like or change my vision. This is a little (very rough) colour pencil study for a dimensional piece I have been commissioned to create and I am pretty excited because this is a place that we drove up to quite by accident and discovered and I always felt it would make a lovely place to paint. My submission for Illustration Friday's "Ripple" theme is titled "The Secret Fountain".

10 comments:

asperezas said...

I bet it flows generous wine from that jug
:D

Very beautiful
:-)

Lisa M Griffin said...

What a sweet scene! Thanks for sharing Val and have a good weekend.

Doodlestreet said...

an adorable little hamlet, val...

D. Lindsey said...

Really lovely Val! I hope you post a pic of the finished piece when it's done.

Gai said...

this is beautiful. The houses all look like they are happily watching the fountain ripple. would love to see the dimensional piece too.

Caroline said...

What a delightful little place - I'd love to visit!

kj said...

god, val, you did this with colored pencils? this by itself is a work of art.

do you know the magic cottage is my favorite treasure of any kind in my house? it would be tucked under my arm if i could take little else.

&hearts
kj

Unknown said...

Vaya pueblo mas bonito, da la sensaciĆ³n de tranquilidad. Preciosa ilustraciĆ³n. Un beso.

beamer said...

great light on this one....on the road and fountain....nice,valgal.

Francisco Martins said...

This is adorable..love it! :)